Friday, May 9, 2008

To my Maa - with love


It is difficult,....... no impossible to imagine my world without you. You are like that invisible yet strong thread which holds all the lovely pearls together for the entire world to admire and praise.


Your silent contribution in creating our family foundation and sustaining it till date with constant physical and emotional labour always leaves me OVERWHELMED with wonder and thankfulness.



Maa, with the daily hustle and bustle of our lives, I hardly find time to give you time, but you are happy if I lend you a patient ear just for quarter of an hour ....



You feel guilty, if I thoughtlessly comment that it has been a long time since we had dahi badas and rush on immediately to set correct the aberration........



Maa, I am AT PEACE in the knowledge that by daughter will get the best upbringing, protected and cared for as she is, under your wings......



365 x 24 x 7, you endure my tantrums, emi's tantrums, our great dad's tantrums and a three and a half year old's tantrums (which beats all the tantrums put together), and at 10.30p.m. we still have to literally push you to get into bed......



Maa, any goodness that I may have in me, any capability to make a difference, any patience to put up with plain selfishness and thoughtlessness and still believe that God takes care of good people..... I owe it all to YOU.



YOU ARE THE GREATEST MAA, AND AT 60 , MORE BEAUTIFUL than Sharmila Tagore and Hema Malini put together.........



I wish God gives me the power and the resource to keep you protected from the vagaries of a selfish world, just as you have kept me protected and nourished.



I love you more that I can ever express or more than you will ever know and understand.......



"HAPPY MOTHERS DAY" MAA


11TH MAY 2008

1 comment:

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I really liked your letters to your mother and your daughter. Isn't it wonderful to have this link to the past, present and future, this sense of peace when we are with our families? I love it so when my mother comes to visit us and I miss her when she goes away. Don't you?